Black and white tile bathrooms are a classic and timeless design choice that can fit into any home decor style. However, choosing the right color to paint the walls of a black and white tile bathroom can be overwhelming. The wrong color choice can make the space feel heavy and oppressive, while the right color can bring out the best in the black and white tile and create a cohesive and inviting space.
There are many color options to consider when it comes to painting the walls of a black and white tile bathroom. Some designers prefer to use lighter colors, such as light blue or green, to add a soothing and calming effect to the space. Other designers opt for a neutral color, such as gray or white, to create a clean and modern look. However, there are also bold and unexpected color choices that can work well with black and white tile, such as navy blue or even bright pink.
In this article, we will explore the best color options for painting the walls of a black and white tile bathroom. We will provide expert advice from interior designers and home decor experts, as well as showcase real-life examples of black and white tile bathrooms with different wall colors. Whether you prefer a classic or modern look, we will help you find the perfect color to complement your black and white tile and create a beautiful and functional bathroom.
Consider the Style of the Bathroom
When choosing a color to paint a black and white tile bathroom, it’s important to consider the style of the bathroom. The color you choose should complement the overall style of the bathroom and create a cohesive look.
If your bathroom has a modern or contemporary style, consider using a bold color like bright blue or red to create a statement. On the other hand, if your bathroom has a traditional or vintage style, a soft pastel color like light pink or sage green can create a timeless look.
Another important factor to consider is the size of the bathroom. If your bathroom is small, using a light color like white or pale blue can make the space feel larger and more open. Conversely, if your bathroom is large, using a darker color like navy blue or forest green can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
Finally, consider the other elements in the bathroom, such as the fixtures and accessories. If your bathroom has chrome or stainless steel fixtures, a cool color like blue or green can complement the metal tones. If your bathroom has warm-toned fixtures like brass or copper, a warm color like peach or coral can create a harmonious look.
Explore Neutral Colors
When it comes to painting a black and white tile bathroom, neutral colors can be a safe and stylish choice. Neutral colors can help create a calming and relaxing atmosphere in your bathroom. Here are some neutral colors to consider:
- Gray: Gray is a versatile color that can create a modern and sophisticated look. It can also work well with different shades of black and white. For example, a light gray can complement a black and white floor, while a dark gray can add depth and contrast to the space.
- Beige: Beige is a warm and inviting color that can create a cozy and comfortable atmosphere. It can also help soften the stark contrast between black and white tiles. Consider a light beige or cream color for a subtle and elegant look.
- Taupe: Taupe is a popular color choice for bathrooms because it can create a spa-like feel. It is a blend of gray and beige, which makes it a versatile choice for different styles and designs. A light taupe can complement black and white tiles, while a darker taupe can add warmth and richness to the space.
When choosing a neutral color for your bathroom, consider the lighting and size of the space. A darker color may make a small bathroom feel cramped, while a lighter color can help open up the space. Also, consider the style and design of your bathroom. A modern bathroom may benefit from a cool gray, while a traditional bathroom may benefit from a warm beige.
Add a Pop of Color
If you want to add some personality and visual interest to your black and white tile bathroom, consider adding a pop of color. Here are some color options to consider:
- Green: According to Carpet Cleaning Force, green is a great hue to add softness to a black and white tiled bathroom. For small bathrooms, light and bright greens work best, while darker green tones can add depth and sophistication.
- Rust: If you want to add a bit of fun to a boy’s bathroom, interior designer Joyner recommends using a rust color. She suggests Benjamin Moore Terra Cotta as her go-to rust color. (The Spruce)
- Yellow: Home Decor Bliss suggests yellow as a bold and bright color that looks fantastic with black and white tile. This color can add a cheerful and sunny vibe to your bathroom. (Home Decor Bliss)
- Blue: Blue is a classic color that can give your bathroom a calming and relaxing feel. You can choose from a range of shades, from light pastels to deep navy blues. (Better Homes & Gardens)
Remember, when adding a pop of color, it’s important to choose a shade that complements your black and white tiles. You don’t want your bathroom to look too busy or clash with your existing decor. Consider using the color sparingly, such as on an accent wall or in accessories like towels or a shower curtain.
Don’t Be Afraid to Go Bold
While lighter colors like light blue and green are great options for a black and white tile bathroom, don’t be afraid to go bold with your color choices. A high-contrast color combination can provide the perfect base for a bold and unique interior design.
If you want to go bold with your color choice, consider using a rich and vibrant color as your accent color. This could be a deep red, a bright yellow, or a bold orange. Use this color sparingly, however, as too much of a bold color can be overwhelming in a small bathroom.
For the neutral color, consider using a soft white or a pale gray. These colors will help to balance out the bold accent color and create a cohesive and visually appealing color scheme.
When choosing a rich color for your bathroom, keep in mind the 70/20/10 distribution rule. Use the lightest color for roughly 70 percent of the room’s decor, the second lightest for 20 percent, and the boldest for 10 percent. This will help to create a balanced and visually pleasing color scheme.
Another way to go bold with your color choice is to use a patterned wallpaper. This can add a unique and visually interesting element to your bathroom design. Just be sure to choose a pattern that complements the black and white tile and doesn’t clash with it.
After conducting research and gathering information from several sources, it is clear that there are many options when it comes to choosing a color to paint a black and white tile bathroom.
Some interior designers suggest using bold colors such as green or purple to add dramatic flair, while others recommend sticking with neutral colors like gray or white to create a timeless look.
It is important to consider the overall style and feel of the bathroom, as well as personal preferences and tastes, when selecting a color.
Ultimately, the decision of what color to paint a black and white tile bathroom is a personal one that should reflect the individual’s style and personality.
When choosing a color, it is also important to keep in mind the color of the tiles and how the color of the walls will complement or contrast with them.
Overall, the key is to choose a color that creates a cohesive and visually appealing look in the bathroom.