As an interior designer, there’s no denying the impact of hardware on a kitchen’s overall design. After all, hardware can greatly influence the style and texture of your home. It’s true that cabinets will always play a pivotal role, and for this reason, many turn to white cabinets for their projects.
White provides the perfect backdrop to showcase any type of cooking space and complements all types of décor styles including traditional, contemporary, and more.
With a choice of pulls and knobs, white cabs open up endless possibilities to make your kitchen stand out while still having a cohesive look.
Choosing the Right Hardware for White Cabinets
When it comes to choosing the right hardware for white cabinets, it’s important to consider the overall style of your kitchen.
While white cabinets are a classic and versatile choice, the right hardware can really make them shine and tie the entire space together.
One thing to consider is whether you want your hardware to match or contrast with the countertops and backsplash.
For example, if you have white cabinets and black countertops, black hardware could be a striking and cohesive choice.
On the other hand, if you want to add a pop of color or interest, you could choose the hardware in a contrasting finish, like brass or copper.
Speaking of finishes, there are many options to choose from, including brushed nickel, chrome, brass, and more. Take the time to consider which finish will work best with your cabinets and overall kitchen design.
Popular Hardware Options for White Cabinets
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel hardware is a popular choice for white cabinets because it is durable, easy to clean, and goes with just about any kitchen style. It’s a great neutral option that won’t distract from the overall design of your space.
- Brushed nickel: Brushed nickel hardware is another popular choice for white cabinets. It has a softer, more understated look than shiny chrome, and can add a touch of warmth to a kitchen. It works well with both traditional and modern styles.
- Chrome: Chrome hardware is shiny and reflective, which can add a touch of glamour to a kitchen. It’s a great choice if you want to add some shine and modernity to your white cabinets.
- Brass: Brass hardware is a classic choice that can add warmth and a touch of glamour to a kitchen. It’s a good option for traditional or vintage-inspired kitchens but can also work in more modern spaces.
- Matte black: Matte black hardware is a trendy choice that can add a touch of sophistication to a kitchen. It works well with both traditional and modern styles and can be a nice contrast to white cabinets.
Tips for Mixing and Matching Hardware
If you want to create an eclectic look in your kitchen, consider mixing and matching hardware finishes. This can add a bit of fun and personality to the room.
When mixing and matching, it’s important to keep a few things in mind:
– Make sure there is some consistency in the shapes of the pieces. While mixing and matching different finishes can be a fun way to add interest, it’s important to keep the shapes consistent.
– Consider sticking with hardware from the same manufacturer. This will ensure that all the pieces match in terms of quality and finish.
– Try out different finishes on a few pieces before committing to them for the entire kitchen. Choose a few different finishes and install them on cabinets to see how they look in the space.
A few examples of mixing and matching hardware finishes include brass knobs on white cabinets with chrome pulls, black knobs and pulls on white cabinets, or brass pulls with stainless steel knobs.
By taking the time to choose the right color hardware for your white kitchen cabinets, you can create a cohesive look that enhances the overall design of your space.
A few more kitchen cabinet hardware ideas
So you’ve chosen the perfect color hardware for your white kitchen cabinets, now what? Here are a few ideas on how to take them to the next level:
– Add texture with fabric-wrapped knobs or pulls.
– Incorporate unique pieces like rope handles or crystal knobs.
– Mix metals for a modern look.
– Incorporate some colored hardware for a subtle pop of color.
– Go for an all-white look with painted cabinet and drawer pulls.
– Add in leather or wooden handles for a luxurious touch.
– Experiment with different shapes like circles, squares, and ovals.
No matter what type of hardware you choose, make sure it fits your style and complements the overall look of your kitchen. With careful consideration, you can create a beautiful space that’s both functional and stylish.
Where To Put Knobs and Handles on Kitchen Cabinets?
Knobs and handles are an essential part of any kitchen cabinetry. They not only add a decorative touch to your cabinets, but they also serve a practical purpose by allowing you to easily open and close your cabinets. However, with so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to decide where to place them on your cabinets.
Consider the height of your cabinets:
One important factor to consider when placing knobs and handles is the height of your cabinets. If you have tall cabinets, you’ll want to place the knobs or handles higher up on the door to make them easier to reach. On the other hand, if you have shorter cabinets, you can place the knobs or handles closer to the bottom of the door.
Consider the size and style of your knobs and handles:
The size and style of your knobs and handles will also influence where you place them. If you have large, ornate handles, you’ll want to make sure they are centered on the door and evenly spaced to ensure they look balanced and aesthetically pleasing. On the other hand, if you have smaller, more understated knobs or handles, you can place them closer together or off-center without sacrificing function or appearance.
Consider the location of the hinges:
Another important factor to consider is the location of the hinges on your cabinets. If the hinges are located near the top of the door, you’ll want to place the knob or handle closer to the bottom of the door to make it easier to open and close. If the hinges are located near the bottom of the door, you’ll want to place the knob or handle closer to the top of the door.
Consider the layout of your kitchen:
The overall layout of your kitchen should also be taken into consideration when placing your cabinet knobs and handles. If you have a lot of counter space, you may want to place the knobs or handles closer to the top of the door to make it easier to reach them when you’re working on the counter. On the other hand, if you have limited counter space, you may want to place the knobs or handles closer to the bottom of the door to make them more accessible.
Consider the height of your cabinets, the size and style of your knobs and handles, the location of the hinges, and the layout of your kitchen to find the perfect placement for your cabinets.
Farmhouse Kitchen Cabinet Hardware
Farmhouse-style kitchens are all the rage these days, and one of the key elements to achieving this look is the hardware on your kitchen cabinets. Farmhouse kitchen cabinet hardware can come in many different shapes, sizes, and styles, and choosing the right one for your home can be overwhelming.
- Knobs: Knobs are a popular choice for farmhouse kitchen cabinets. They can be made from a variety of materials such as wood, metal, or ceramic and come in a range of sizes and styles. For a truly farmhouse feel, opt for wooden knobs with a distressed finish or metal knobs with a rustic finish.
- Pulls: Pulls, also known as handles, are another option for farmhouse kitchen cabinets. Like knobs, they can be made from a variety of materials and come in a range of sizes and styles. For a farmhouse look, consider opting for wooden pulls with a distressed finish or metal pulls with a rustic finish.
- Bin pulls: Bin pulls, also known as cup pulls, are a unique and stylish choice for farmhouse kitchen cabinets. These pulls feature a circular or oval-shaped handle that is recessed into the door or drawer. They are often made from metal and have a rustic or antique finish, making them a perfect fit for a farmhouse kitchen.
- Hinges: While they might not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about cabinet hardware, hinges are an important consideration. For a farmhouse kitchen, opt for exposed hinges with a rustic finish. This will add to the overall farmhouse feel of your kitchen and make your cabinets stand out.
Consider the materials, finishes, and styles that will best complement your farmhouse kitchen and choose the hardware that will bring your vision to life.
Black Kitchen Hardware: Right for your kitchen?
Black kitchen hardware is a bold and sophisticated choice that can add a touch of drama and style to your kitchen. Whether you’re looking to update your existing cabinets or install new ones, black hardware is a versatile and timeless option that will never go out of style.
The versatility of black:
Black is a neutral color that goes with just about everything, making it a perfect choice for kitchen hardware. Whether your cabinets are white, wood, or a bold color, black hardware will complement them beautifully. It’s also a great choice for both traditional and modern kitchens, so no matter your style, black hardware will work for you.
The sleek and sophisticated look:
Black hardware has a sleek and sophisticated look that can add a touch of drama and elegance to your kitchen. Whether you choose knobs, handles, or a mix of both, black hardware will make a statement and elevate the look of your cabinets.
Easy to clean:
One practical benefit of black hardware is that it’s easy to clean. Fingerprints and smudges are less noticeable on black surfaces, so you won’t have to spend as much time polishing and wiping down your hardware.
Mix and match:
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can mix and match different black hardware styles to create a unique and eclectic look. For example, you could opt for black knobs on some cabinets and black handles on others. Just be sure to choose hardware that is similar in size and finish to create a cohesive look.
Whether you choose knobs, handles, or a mix of both, black hardware is a timeless and easy-to-clean option that will complement any cabinet color or style. Mix and match different styles to create a unique and eclectic look, or stick with a consistent theme for a more cohesive design.